- Accreditation CAEQ
- About us
- Act, Regulations and Approved Specification Manuals
- CAEQ Accréditation
- Québec Reserved Designations and Added-Value Claims
- What intellectual property tool would best enhance your products?
- The Act respecting reserved designations and added-value claims
- Advantages of the act respecting reserved designations and added-value claims
- Categories of reserved designations provided for in Québec
- Reserved designations: one of many commercial identification strategies
- Applications for Recognition under Examination
- Questions around the notion of terroir
- Quebec Recognized Reserved Designations
- Register of Quebec Recognized Reserved Designations
- Organic Designation
- Québec Organic Designation Specification Manual
- Information for consumers
- Information for operators
- Accredited or Recognized Certification Bodies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Quebec Operators Whose Status of Holder of a Certification Has Been Removed
- Logo BIO Québec
- PGI Agneau de Charlevoix
- Useful Links
Conseil des appellations réservées et des termes valorisants
A key player in the recognition of agri-food designations in Québec
Organic, a method of production
Organic products from the farm to your table. It is certified!
PGI - Agneau de Charlevoix
First Protected Geographical Indication in North America
Directory of Québec Certified Organic Products
Find with a few clicks Québec Certified Organic Products
IGP-Maïs sucré de Neuville
On January 21, 2014, the CARTV received the following file for examination : Demande de reconnaissance de l'IGP-Maïs sucré de Neuville.
BIO - Statistiques 2012
The CARTV publishes the 2012 statistics on the use of organic designation in Québec. It includes for the first time some data on area cultivated by species.
This PDF document (available in French only) presents the geographical distribution of organic operators, the resources used and certified products for each region in Québec.
IGP - Vin de glace du Québec
On October 30, 2013, the CARTV received the following file for examination : Demande de reconnaissance de l'IGP-Vin de glace du Québec.
2012 Annual Report
On May 24th, the CARTV released its 2012 annual report.
This document contains a retrospective of its activities for 2012 and the main trends of its actions for 2013 (in French only).
Update 2013 - Québec Organic Designation Specification Manual
Changes have been made to Parts 1, 2A, 4 and 5 of the Specification Manual used to control the organic designation in Québec for 2013. They are put into force February 14, 2013.
Two changes are worth mentionning.
The terms «biologique», «organic» and any other apparented mentions will be the only ones controled within the framework of the law from this date.
Only two exemptions are now included in Part 2a : derogation for article 6.8.3 on winter exercise period and the derogation for beekeeping activities.