- About us
- Act, Regulations and Approved Specification Manuals
- CAEQ Accreditation
- Québec Reserved Designations and Added-Value Claims
- What intellectual property tool would best enhance your products?
- The Act respecting reserved designations and added-value claims
- Advantages of the act respecting reserved designations and added-value claims
- Categories of reserved designations provided for in Québec
- Reserved designations: one of many commercial identification strategies
- Applications for Recognition under Examination
- Questions around the notion of terroir
- Quebec Recognized Reserved Designations
- Register of Quebec Recognized Reserved Designations
- Organic Designation
- Québec Organic Designation Specification Manual
- Information for consumers
- Information for operators
- Logo BIO Québec
- Accredited or Recognized Certification Bodies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Quebec Operators Whose Status of Holder of a Certification Has Been Removed
- PGI-Agneau de Charlevoix
- Useful Links
Québec Organic Designation Specification Manual
The CARTV has decided that on January 1st 2012, the specification manual relating to products resulting from an organic production method includes a new reference certification manual based on the technical requirements of the Canadian Organic Standards (COS).
One standard for all organic products from Québec
The Québec Certification Reference Manual used to evaluate organic product certification applications corresponds to the National Standard of Canada for Organic Agriculture, whose requirements are published by the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB). Some of the previous Québec standard requirements pubslihed before 2012 has been added to this basis.
As an operator, you may request exemptions for certain requirements ( see Part 2A), for which amendment applications have been filed with the CGSB, pending the newly revised version of the Canadian standard.
Labelling requirements designed to meet the unique Québec's needs
Furthermore, the CARTV maintains the majority of the organic product labelling requirements that the Québec organic sector has implemented since 2000. However, some were harmonized with those provided for under the Canadian Organic Products Regulations.
Specification Manual - PDF Documents
Version 2013. Updated : February 14, 2013
Part 2 : Reference Certification Manual - Production Standards
CAN/CGSB-32.310-2006 Organic Production Systems - General Principles and Management Standards (June 2011).
Part 3 : Reference Certification Manual - Permitted Substances
CAN/CGSB-32.311-2006 Organic Production Systems - Permitted Substances Lists (June 2011).